We recently welcomed a new member to our team and we can’t wait to introduce her to you! Kelly Shipp joined FoxWylie in June as one of our Project Managers. She’s a fantastic addition to the team and will help us deliver even more fantastic events on behalf of our clients.
Read on to discover all about Kelly and her love for Barcelona, hair crimping and David Attenborough. No one ever said the FoxWylie team aren’t an interesting bunch!
What does a Project Manager do?
We’ll let Kelly answer this one!
“As a Project Manager, I look after the day to day running of an event. It’s a really varied and fast-paced role. From the initial stage of taking the brief and scoping the client’s requirements, it can involve venue finding, proposal writing and tailoring the budget to work for the client.
“We get involved with thinking of creative ways to achieve the event’s objectives. Whether this is with new and innovative technology, hands on training methods or a really great band!
“We also organise and attend site visits and client meetings, ensuring the smooth running of an event and realisation of the client’s expectations. Finally as a project manager we manage logistics and health & safety requirements before getting on site.”
Tell us a bit about how your role changes during an event.
“During an event we are the middleman between the client, suppliers and venue. We ensure that all elements of the event are running as they should, and we are proactive towards any issues that may arise. To experience the event running successfully and have a happy client at the end is the ultimate goal.”
5 minute Q&A
So now you know what Kelly does, we thought it would be fun to get to know her a bit more. Cue, our random Q&A. Over to you, Kelly!
1. Chinese or Indian? Option 3, pizza.
2. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Coral, if that crayon colour exists? Bright and cheerful.
3. Early bird or night owl? Early bird. Unless it’s the weekend, I’m in bed by 10!
4. What are you currently watching on TV? ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, I absolutely love dystopian style programmes. I’m also very excited that ‘Big Little Lies’ is back on; it was a long wait!
5. What would you sing for Karaoke night? Not that anyone would want to hear me sing, but I would give an Adele song a good go. Maybe ‘Someone like you’ or ‘Hello’? Probably not
the easiest choice…
No, that was exactly what we were thinking, Kelly!
6. City break or beach holiday? Tough one, Barcelona is my favourite. It’s the luxury of having both beach and city in one trip, as well as amazing food.
7. What book are you reading at the moment? I’ve just finished reading ‘Everything I know about love’ by Dolly Alderton. It’s a good, easy read.
8. Are you more of a cat or dog person? I suppose I have to say cat, as I have one. I like to show off the cutest pictures of him at any given chance.
9. Who would play you in a movie about yourself? Blake Lively, for no other reason than I love her.
10. What trend do you hope comes back? Hair crimping, bring back hair crimping! That was amazing, so 90’s!
11. What’s your most used emoji? 😂
12. If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick? Pinterest – the amount of useless pins I have saved is unbelievable. Google Maps – I rely on this way too much; sense of direction is not my forte. Bridebook – I’m organising our wedding at the moment and it’s a really helpful tool for budgeting and research.
On the subject of apps, check out our blog on our favourites for event management
13. If you could organise any event, on any subject, what would it be? Nature or wildlife, with David Attenborough as a keynote speaker. That would be pretty amazing.
14. What’s the most stressful thing that’s happened to you at an event? Without going into too much detail, it was an event with a mix of technical issues and language barriers. Overall a challenging experience.
We’re really enjoying having Kelly on the team. At FoxWylie we have over 25 years’ experience in event management and production creating exceptional audio, lighting and visual content for events of all shapes and sizes. Contact us if we can help project manage any element of your next event.